Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Spicy Spiral Table Runner Class. . .

Saturday we had our Spicy Spiral table runner class taught by Clara Clark.  
These are my fabric choices.
The pattern begins by cutting the fabric into strips and sewing them together.
Here are the fabric strips of the other students.
Once stripped, it is time to use the wedge ruler to cut.
As the wedges are cut, they get smaller and smaller to where it seems there won't be enough fabric to get all the sections out of it.  But, of course, there was.
And then the real fun begins:  sewing it together.  I loved watching the spiral happen.
Everyone's fabric selections were looking great as the sewing progressed.
And here's my spiral sewn and ready to quilt.
 I really enjoyed making the spiral and will definitely consider using this ruler to create other circular items.  It was great to have Clara leading us along the way as I would have been somewhat confused if I had only the pattern to go by.  I'll share again when the quilt it quilted and bound.


Blessings,
Karri














1 comment:

  1. This quilt pattern seems hard to get from all over! Been searching hi and low to purchase

    ReplyDelete