Friday, September 28, 2012

Teaching an Abstract Quilt Class. . .

This past Wednesday I taught how to create this abstract quilt in my monthly Itsy Bitsy Quilt Club class.  The end result is to allow a quilter to design and create their own art quilt. 
My students agreed to be guinea pigs in my preparation for teaching this technique at a Texas guild next month.  Here are their projects in the works.  This student is putting the finishing touches on her threadplay.
The colors in this quilt make me think of a scarecrow.
This one has a fall feel, and
this student was the quickest and is appliqueing the final element to the quilt center.

Teaching a method of art quilting such as this is a little more intense for me as a teacher.  I really have to have my act together and be sure I know what I'm talking about as my students are being asked to look at quilting from a more abstract point of view than they may otherwise be used to.  Try different art quilting techniques if you really want to stretch and twist your brain.

Blessings,
Karri







No comments:

Post a Comment