Thursday, August 2, 2012

Last week I began a quilt in the Itsy Bitsy Quilt Club and had gotten fairly far along to this point.
I decided to put the effort into finishing it before too much time had gone by.  I gathered a bead embellishment and the cording for my binding.
I stitched the bead embellishment to the quilt bottom.  As I began to lay the cording around the quilt edge I realized that even doubled up it was too thin to create a good binding.  So I decided to braid it.
Once braided the cording was a good thickness to stitch to the quilt's side.
I zigzag stitched the braided cording to the quilt's side stitching around the quilt twice.
And here is a close-up of the beading embellishment stitched with a straight stitch.
Here is the result.  I enjoyed this style of raw edge strip quilting.  We will be expanding on this style for this month's club project.


Blessings,
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment